Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Zoey goes 80s...sort of

As a child of the 80s, I had crimped hair. It's true! I actually had hair down to my mid-back that was crimped (with a nice pink crimper) by my 80's-stylin' mom.

It was devotion, what can I say?

Anyway, so one of our (cheaper) Halloween options was an 80's rocker chick (think: Madonna without the cone bra). Lots of lace. Lots of neon. Lots of crimped hair.

Thanks to gift cards from taking surveys (no, really! I was on a panel for a news wire source and given some nice gift cards for my time!), I purchased a crimper. It came last week and Zoey patiently waited as I crimped her hair.

This is where it gets dicey.

You see, Zoey was tired. And cranky. And knowing that I had worn my crimped hair as a stylin' 6-year-old in a side partial ponytail, I put her crimped her in a stylin' side partial ponytail.

Cue the tears.

No really, cue the tears. It was destined to fail.

I did manage to get her to calm down for a picture:


At this point, I took OUT said side partial ponytail, which is what she wanted all along. Cue more crying. Apparently I ruined her crimpin' style. 

I managed a few more pictures: 


Needless to say, we won't be crimping her hair anytime soon. Who knew it could bring so much drama?!

0 comments: