Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Lessons from a trip to the Sunflower Field

1. August is hot.
2. When it's hot, kids don't want to get out of the car.
3. When it's hot, kids don't want to take pictures in front of said sunflowers.
4. Bees like sunflowers, too.
5. My kids don't like bees.
6. Bring a step ladder. Trust me.
7. The guy who ventured into the middle of the Sunflower field puts me in a weird place. On one hand, I'm impressed by his tenacity to crawl through the thick, itchy, bee-infested sunflowers. On the other hand, Dude ruined my shot.
8. Hay bales are great when kids stand on them. Not so much for adults.
9. Sunflowers wilt quickly in August heat. Just sayin'.
10. Seeing a sunflower field is like the first time you see the ocean - you stand in awe at the field's beauty.

Conclusion: If you're going to see a sunflower field, do it sooner than later and prepare to be sweaty!

0 comments: