Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Oh Kansas

I know I put this on Facebook, but I wanted to put this on my blog for the sake of ... hilarity.

Just about every state has the saying that if you don't like the weather, wait ## minutes and it will change. Ha...ha...ha. No, really. I've been 25+ states, and each state claimed this saying.

And truthfully, there were some January tornadoes this year. We haven't told Zoey due to her tornado phobia (she's not going to leave the house during the month of March or ever go to western Kansas again), but hey - strange things happen. I get it. We live in a weird world.

Now let's get to the point. The map. That's a screen capture of NOAA's active warnings as of this morning. We had quite a thunderstorm blow through around 1 AM, and then it stormed off and on for the next 3-4 hours. If you look closely, you'll see the hilarity of it - a winter weather advisory (which is common during January) right next to a tornado watch (which is uncommon during January).

I found it amusingly hilarious. Maybe now when someone says that their state's saying is to wait 10 minutes for the weather to change, we can put them to shame. Now we can prove that Kansas is the home of Oz and really, really crazy weather!

0 comments: