Friday, August 19, 2011

Random Facts about ... Me


I'm always talking about the kids.

Jack started school.
Zoey's in pre-k.
Ballet.
Swimming.
Birthdays.
Trips.

They are my life, so it's expected!

But now it's my turn.

Here are 5 things you probably didn't know about me:

1) I cannot whistle. I can snap my fingers, but whistle? Sadly, I cannot. I also can't roll my Rs, which prompted me to take German to avoid any Spanish R rolling.

2) I am always cooking, but it's not because I love food. When I was growing up, my parents established a rule - if you don't cook then you clean. Since I hated doing dishes, I took up cooking.

3) I take a lot of pictures - as in, about 75 photos for each hour of an activity. However, it wasn't always this way. When we first had Jack, I would go through spurts of photo taking. I would be consistent for a few months and then forget for a few months. Once I received my superzoom camera (2 months before Zoey was born), that pattern ended.

4) Before Trav I was a pretty picky eater. After I met him, he opened my eyes to many types of food I had been ignoring, including
- Asparagus
- Artichoke
- Black Forrest cake
- Crab legs
- Lobster

He also took me took my first sports bar, mexican buffet and Greek restaurant.

5) As I get more and more tan in the summer, a scar on my finger looks more and more like a band-aid! Why? Because I had to have acid treatments (after freezing failed) to get rid of warts on my hand. After the doctor would apply the acid, the nurse would put on band-aids. One day a band-aid wasn't tight enough and turned around, meaning the acid was now working on my non-warty part! Needless to say, I still have the scar from it!




Print Page

1 comments:

Eden said...

I couldn't roll my R's either. It just takes practice - about 5 years of it and then, you can stop sounding like a 5 year old when you speak spanish. As for snapping my fingers, I still haven't mastered that and I have been practicing a lifetime. Eden