Wednesday, December 22, 2010

How Clever!

I'm not someone who is blessed in creation - you're never going to see me build an invention. Heck, most of the time my "great" ideas turn out to be flops.

Let's just say, I'm not someone who comes up with those great time-savers. If I ever did, you would see it more on late-night infomercials than in a store.

ANYWAY, so here are 5 "clever" tips I've picked up in the past few weeks to save time...or energy...or sanity.

1) Combine the peanut butter and jelly before making PB&Js. By combining them, you are making it difficult for your kids to only eat the jelly, avoiding the nasty jelly lumps and of course eliminating that pesky jelly drop (you know - when jelly globs drop out of the sandwich and onto a shirt. Or table. Or floor)

2) Have a girl who likes nails polish? I do. I am asked no less than TWICE a day to paint her nails. And, if you haven't noticed, the quick-dry formulas at the store cost $5. I don't know about you, but I'll stick with the cheap wet-and-wild instead. ANYWAY, kids don't get that it doesn't dry instantly. So, grab a glass of cold water (no ice, please!) and stick their hands in it for 30-60 seconds. Amazingly, it really does makes the polish dry quicker and doesn't take any of it off.

3) At your store, by the little 3-oz bathroom cups, you'll find disposable travel cups for kids. Or at least, in our store that's where they are located! I believe some stores keep them by the regular disposable cups. Regardless, these little babies are awesome. They make it easy to go on a picnic and still have a covered drink. We use it when we go to the mall or on a long walk. After you're done, just throw them away! Added bonus: they look like cute animals!

4) Don't order milk for your kids at a restaurant unless it's 1) included in the price of the kids' meal and 2) has free refills. Some places will charge as much as $3/cup for milk, which means it's far from worth it. If you bring your own cup of milk, you aren't even obligated to buy a kids' meal and can share with your kids from your dinner. Considering that kids' meals are generally expensive anyway ($5 and no toy? Seriously), it's a great way to save some cash.

5) My kids (namely ZOEY) love chocolate. I mean, love it. I keep all of my chocolate in the freezer to 1) protect them from melting in the summer and 2) keep the kids from finding them. I've even started to put marshmallows in the freezer to prevent any little fingers from finding them.


Print Page

0 comments: