Monday, September 13, 2010

Dream Big, Little Man

Today Jack told me, at will, what he wanted to be when he grew up. One moment we were just sitting, waiting for our order to be called and the next he was informing me that when he grows up, he wants to be a helicopter pilot.

That's right - a helicopter pilot.

I was thrilled! I was asking him a few additional questions, when he told me this:

I'll get into my car and drive down 435.

Past the Legends (translation: "the Legends" is a shopping area in Kansas City, Kansas. Look up the Kansas Speedway for more info)

Until I get to the airport. Where I'll park in back.

And I'll get out of the car and put on my help.

Then I'll go to the lady behind the desk and say, "I want to be a helicopter pilot!"

And she'll say, "okay! You're a pilot!"

Then I'll have lunch. And if I'm tired, I'll take a nap. But I don't like naps.

Then I'll get into the helicopter and turn on the engine.

(At this point, I asked him where he was going.)

I don't know where I'll go. We don't have to know now.

***

So in other words, my boy is growing up and has life all figured out! ;-)

Print Page

0 comments: