Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Things You Don't Want Your 5-Year Old To Say

Yes, I realize he isn't 5.

Yet.

It's about a month away, so I figured I'm safe.

Anyway, this weekend I put on my superwoman cape and decided to take on

AS
MANY
PROJECTS
AS
I
COULD

Painting Jack's room was #2 on the list. Now, I always thought that painting a room was easy peasy. What's there to it? I mean, after all, it's just a little primer. A little paint. Viola! Yer done.

Pssh. It's never that simple, and it started with cleaning up Jack's room to get READY for the prep work. You heard it correctly. I'm talking about the prep's prep.

To prep the room for prepping, we had to:

1) Clean the floor
2) Vacuum said floor
3) Move everything to the middle of the room

As I was started to move the bed, Jack said very causally, "Mommy, there's poop in that corner."

Poop?

For realz?

Was it his? Zoey's? The cat's? How long had it been there? Why haven't we smelled?

Oh and of course, Why the heck is there poop in the corner?!

Needless to say, it turned out not to be a big deal. It could have passed as a small ball of chocolate, honestly. It didn't even smell. Most likely Zoey was the culprit.

Now that I have you grossed out, I'll leave you with this:

I never, EVER want to hear "There's poop in that corner" ever again in my life. It's the best way to give me a heart attack.

Print Page

0 comments: