Sunday, August 29, 2010

Attempted Heart-Attack

This evening I'm focused on consignment sale stuff. That means I get everything ready for the big drop-off tomorrow and start looking at what the kids need for the next year.

As I'm working away on the computer for this sale, the computer rings. My parents have been working on a landscape project, so I figure it would be an update. I WALK over from the computer to the phone in the kitchen.

It's what...a 20 foot walk? At most? It's probably not even that.

About 2 feet from the island, I hear a big POP. I look up and watch as our kitchen lighting fixture breaks off and swings down in front of me. 

Now, I will admit I screamed.

I screamed when it first broke.
I screamed when it swung.
And I screamed when it finally broke off just a millisecond later. 

Here is the aftermath: 


It may look a little dark, but hey - I can't exactly just turn on a light to make it brighter or anything.

Moral of the story: we are now in the market for a new kitchen light, and I can honestly say I think we're going to avoid the florescent bulb this time around.

And yes, I do blame the house for attempting to give me a heart-attack!

Print Page

0 comments: