Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Birthday, America!!

 This weekend is always a fun one for us - we get fireworks, a day off and my birthday! That's right, my birthday. I turned the all-important 26. I'm officially in my "late" 20s. Wow. Time sure does fly! I could go on and on about it, but I won't.

Anyway, we decided to drive down on Friday to ensure that we could have the most fun with everyone. Plus I was getting new tires put on in the morning so unless we wanted to leave KC at 6:30, driving after dark was the best way to make it happen.

During the drive, we were talking to Jack about what was going on:

Trav: Did you know that it's Mommy's birthday this weekend?
Jack: No
Me: Yup! Do you know who else has a birthday this weekend?
Jack: Who?
Me: America!!
Jack: It's Obama's birthday?

Oh that kid!!

Anyway, it's FINALLY stopped raining after a full 36 hours of the stuff. I'm happy to report that fireworks start in officially 60-90 minutes. Hopefully it's better than last year. We may go out and play with the sparklers here in 10-15 minutes just to enjoy the lack of rain.

So...HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!


Print Page

0 comments: