Sunday, June 27, 2010

Oh My

This weekend was a mess. That's the only way to describe it. 

The kids and I visited my parents in Wichita because my sister and brother-in-law were returning about 11 months in China. Yes, that's China the country. Yes, that's the China that's clear on the other side of the world. Yes, that's the place where every 8 year old thought their backyard hole would eventually lead.

Anyway, we drove down on Friday night right after I got off of work. Trav stayed home to finish up a few chores and what not, which isn't a bad thing. We made GREAT time and arrived in Wichita around 8:30. Considering their flight wasn't scheduled to come in from Denver until 10:30, we hung out and enjoyed each other.

Then we got the call - wind forced their flight to divert to Colorado Springs instead of Denver. They had been stuck on the plane for 3 hours and were now off the plane waiting for the next step. Several phone calls (and hours) later, they found a hotel in Denver thanks to Trav's awesome cousin Kristi. They eventually made it to Denver around 2:30 the next morning. 

The next morning, they told us of their plans: they were catching a morning flight to Dallas before catching an afternoon flight to Wichita. Great. 

So while we were waiting, we decided to make some art:
Heres' Zoey's creation. All of her people always seem to look upset or depressed. I don't know where this comes from! 

Here is Jack's drawing of Sam and Nate holding hands. 

And...here's a sad Jack because the airplane (to the left) wasn't able to bring Sam and Nate home.

Sad, isn't it? When I saw it, it really kind of scared me! 

Anyway, so while I was talking to Jack about his lovely art, I noticed that Zoey was quiet.

Too quiet.

Quiet and kids just don't go hand-in-hand. Nope.

I looked at Jack....
Hmmm. He looks fairly normal. 

But Zoey? 

That's most definitely not a normal look for her.

The black really does bring out her...um....

Eyes?

Hair? 

Skin tone?

Whatever it is, I can't say I really approved. Thankfully it was washable. 

And yes, that led to Bath #2 that day, and it wasn't even lunch yet. 

(And for the record - Sam and Nate arrived home safe and sound after a mere 44 hours of travelling!)

Print Page

0 comments: