Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Letting Kids Be Kids

At my parents' house, the kids have a big pile of dirt under the deck that has been reserved just for them. It's shady, not too small, not too big and always cool. The kids like it because they can get filthy and have fun. We love it because we can sit in lawn chairs and just watch. 
It was Jack's idea, really. He's the brain behind most of these ideas! 

Zoey is usually just along for the ride. 

Dirty hands! She's actually come a looooong way with those dirty hands. There was a time not too long ago when she HATED having stuff on her hands. 

Jack was painting the truck. Yes, that's a truck that I played with when I was his age. My dad even has a toy from his childhood out there! 

There's my pretty girl! 

And there's my handsome boy! 

Of course, there's always a chance to wash off. 

It didn't take long to show Zoey how to do it! 

Unfortunately, Jack went an entire 5 feet before getting dirty again.

Oh well! Kids will be kids! 
Print Page

0 comments: