Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

Today marks a wonderful day in my husband's life - his fourth Father's Day! With two kids and a cat, he keeps our house sane, our laundry clean and our bellies sore from laughing. To the father of my children, my father, my father-in-law and all the fathers out there...HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! You guys have earned it!

Anyway, today we're booked all day with stuff. From church to swimming to Toy Story 3 (!!!) to dinner with my in-laws, we're packed. Knowing this, we did our Fathers' Day gig yesterday. It started with a trip to Mr. Gyros, Trav's choice. It was raining cats and dogs...but what else is new? 

That evening he grilled out some wonderful steaks (yum!) and enjoyed the meat, potato salad, beans and cheesy corn bake. Sorry - no pictures. We were too busy eating way too much food to stop and take pictures. 

After such a filled dinner Trav opened his gifts: 
Clothes, a BBQ book, an iPod accessory ... not a bad haul! 

Here's my hunky husband (and the cat) with his gifts. Pardon the white wall. Work in progress. 

Jack even wrote in the card! You may not be able to read it, 

After gifts, Zoey decided she would make the PERFECT Father's Day present! 

So they filled her up with tissue paper and...

Happy Father's Day! 

She even unwrapped herself! 

Is there more? 

Yup! 

Another great use for tissue paper? 

Abusing the cat. 

Let's just say that we had a great time but can't really believe how much of a mess we made! 

Funny story of the day time! I had been asking Trav what he wanted for his Father's Day dessert. Pie, cake, cookies...I was ready for him! Of course he asked for carrot cake. Hmm. I wasn't really in the mood to make cake and store-bought substitutes usually fall flat. Instead, I went with this:
That's right. It's a cookie cake. 

At least he could pretend it was carrot cake!

0 comments: