Thursday, March 4, 2010

Papa Curtis



I want to introduce you to a man we loved and lost - Papa Curtis.

I could go into his lifestory, but honestly I don't know it very well. I've only known him since 2005, and I'll tell you right away that this man was a true character. He loved life, his family and bringing an unexpected edge to a conversation.

We were able to see him last weekend, just a few days before he passed away. I don't think we would have changed anything had we known that those would have been the last time we ever saw him. We felt his love and saw a glimmer of the "old" Curtis, pre-Alzheimer's.



He was a father, a son, a brother, a husband, a grandfather and even a great-grandfather to three (and a half!) munchkins. Now he doesn't have to suffer from the effects of Alzheimer's. He doesn't have to wonder why his late wife didn't come to see him.



Thank you for waiting for us, Curtis. Thank you for raising your family with the values usually forgotten today. Thank you for loving Christ and devoting yourself to His Word.

In honor of a true Husker's fan -- Go Big Red!!

"Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."
I Thessalonians 4:17

0 comments: